27 December 2010

Enjoy the Holidays!

I don't have much in terms of blog postings this week as I'm currently on vacation in the Washington DC area visiting family and of course engaging in as much avgeekery as possible with a visit today to the National Air and Space Museum (my last time here was back in 2007) and if time allows, a repeat visit to Udvar-Hazy at Dulles. I neglected to have something posted for Christmas Day as last year I featured the Apollo 8 lunar mission and their now-famous reading of the opening of the Book of Genesis. This time I wanted to share a video created by long time friend Brian Wiklem of the Jet-X Millenium Series of diecast airliner models. Over the past several years when he was at the helm of Jet-X I had the distinct pleasure of creating some of the box artwork for his model releases. He created this video several years ago and even when it's not Christmas I enjoy watching it. 


The music is Jerry Goldsmith's soundtrack to the Disneyland California Adventure ride "Soarin' Over California". May all of my readers have a wonderful holiday season with their family and friends- I will endeavor to have perhaps one or two posts this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment